Silence bugs

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Stefano

Silence bugs

Post by Stefano » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:35 pm

Hi,

Here you are my problem. I've got Live 2.1.2, and after using it for at least one hour, the sound form my session or arrangement windows is interrupted by short silences ( a piece of of a second). Can you help me about this bug? I've got a PC, 2.4 Ghz CPU, 512 Ram, 43 G Hard Disk.

Bye

Stefano

Alex

Post by Alex » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:40 pm

Hi Stefano,

some questions:

1) Was the interruption immediately after an action you did and if yes which?

2) Was it just once interrupted for a piece of a second or several times one after another?

3) Do it happen always at the same place in a song or somehow at random?

4) How looked the level meters in live? Could you "see" the silence there or looked the level meters normal?

regards,
Alex

stef

Post by stef » Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:51 am

The interruptions didn't appeared immediately after an special action, they appeared repetitively just after another, they don't happen in a special place in the song, it can also happen in another project , I couldn't see the silences by the level meters.

See you soon

Alforno

:P

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:11 pm

Hi stefano,
..and after using it for at least one hour, , the sound form my session or arrangement windows is interrupted by short silences..
I'm still not sure what this means. Does this "silence bug" start after Live was already an hour running or can it happen at every time?

- Which Windows version do you use?
- Does it seem to depend on the CPU usage?
- What audio interface do you use?
- Have you tried to you increase the Audio latency?

regards,
Alex

stefano

Post by stefano » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:59 pm

Alex,

Thank you for your answer. :P
Does this "silence bug" start after Live was already an hour running
The silence bug starts after Live was already an hour running.

Which Windows version do you use?
Windows xp
Does it seem to depend on the CPU usage
I couldn't say if it does. All I can say is that the bugs occured in 2 arrangements. The first used +-5% of the cpu, yhe other +-10%. For each song, the percentage linked to the cpu was uncahnged before and after the bugs occured.
What audio interface do you use?
My soundcard is a realtek alc650 6-channel audio. It's in my mainboard, which is a K7N2 (NVdia nForce2 chipset based)
Have you tried to you increase the Audio latency?
No

Bye

Stefano