Strange solo behaviour in Live 6

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
nihad

Strange solo behaviour in Live 6

Post by nihad » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:04 pm

Scenarion:

Assign MIDI notes (or computer keyboard keys) to toggle the SOLO switch on 3 channels

C1 - SOLO ch1
D1 - SOLO ch2
E1 - SOLO ch3

This is what happens:

When activating all three solos and then turning of SOLO on say Channel 1 that channel gets muted! (case 1)

Or when activating solo on all three and then turning off on 2 of the channels, the one to the left gets muted ... (case 2)

.. but not if it was muted before solo was activated, then the other one gets muted .. (case 3)

(I haven't tried this with more than 3 chanels, hehe..)

Don't know if this is a bug, but in my oppinion it's a rather strange behaviour. It doesn't behave like this when using a mouse (case 1). Deactivating solo with the mouse enables all channels.

Solo should never mute any channels if it's not engaged on any other channel ..

nihad

Post by nihad » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:19 pm

hey? will this be fixed or what? maybe it's a demo only thing? anyone else experienced the same problem?

Gregor

Post by Gregor » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:11 am

Hi nihad,

sorry for the late answer. The behaviour is not ok, i.e. deactivating all solos should un-mute all tracks. This issue will be fixed of course.

Regards,
Gregor
Gregor Klinke
klinke@ableton.com

nihad

Post by nihad » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:36 am

thanks .. i figured out it's a bug (even though a minor one) because Live responded differently when using MIDI compared to a mouse ..

but, could you also add a Pich Bend (classic cd dj style) function, where it's possible to assign two buttons to act as momentary tempo switches ..

This and some other simple stuff described here, none of which does require really any GUI modifications and can be a part of a minor update:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49515

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:38 am

mmm i chek the problem and its real !
ugly bug ; (