Dropouts occur when arming & unarming tracks

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Phelios

Dropouts occur when arming & unarming tracks

Post by Phelios » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:27 pm

Hello!
I´m new to LIVE but totally impressed by its workflow and possibilities. I have some concerts to perform next week and look forward to take benifit from this great piece of software!
But unfortunally I have one problem yet to be solved.

I understand that it is necessary to arm a VSTi or Midi track before recording a loop. After that is done I unarm the track to pass on to the next instrument I want to use. But unarming the track causes a small dropout about 5 to 10ms long. The only workaround is to unarm the track during a short moment of silence. But when I loop pads or drone-sounds there is no silence and so I have this ugly dropout on this track.

I have tried to fix this problem on two different systems using a Delta44 PCI card and my Virus TI as audio interfaces. Adjusting sample buffers and latency was pointless so far.

I would be very happy to find a solution to this problem! The rest works out fine and I look forward to perform my shows in a more relaxed way.

Phelios

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:48 pm

MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

Phelios

Post by Phelios » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:38 am

I am not alone! :D I hope that someone can provide a solution.

Phelios

Post by Phelios » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:56 am

Do you have a Virus TI? I have noticed that this error occurs only when the Virus Control is active!

kineticUk

Post by kineticUk » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:12 pm

No I don't Phelios..
I'll check it out more later though see what I can find.
d.
MacBook MacOS Live 9.7.1 Max for Live Push Logic

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:21 am

kineticUk wrote:No I don't Phelios..
I'll check it out more later though see what I can find.
d.
I'm finding this behaviour is consistent with my system as well however I'm using Yamaha 01X to toggle the Rec Arm states.

Cheers

jasefos
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

signal

Post by signal » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:07 pm

It happens here as well. Albeit, intermittently. It is unrelated to any plugins, third-party or native. Virtually empty set.

paradiddle

Post by paradiddle » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:02 pm

I must be a lucky one I don't get this at all. I've put 2 vsti on 2 tracks and I'm constantly banging on the keyboard and with the mouse I switch from one track to the other without stopping playing and it just record with no gap at all.

I have a p3 1.2 ghz with an audiophile set to 256 sample. win xp service pack 2. I'm using a little oxygen 8.

This wouldn't have anything to do with disabling the file caching system would it? I've done it after reading a thread about live clicks.

Andreas Zapf

Post by Andreas Zapf » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:10 pm

Hi Phelios,

arming / disarming a track may cause clicks for technical reasons (it may involve changes in delay compensation which are currently not faded).

As a workaround you can disable Delay Compensation in the Options menu. This needs to be done for each document, so you might want to save it in your template.

Regards,
Andreas

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:50 am

Andreas Zapf wrote:Hi Phelios,

arming / disarming a track may cause clicks for technical reasons (it may involve changes in delay compensation which are currently not faded).

As a workaround you can disable Delay Compensation in the Options menu. This needs to be done for each document, so you might want to save it in your template.

Regards,
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Yes ... PDC disabled stops the drop outs on my system.
I guess for live performances doing improvised jams (I like sequencing on the fly during live sets and Live is the BEST software for it!) it will be necessary to disable PDC (and not use plugins with high internal delay).

cheers !

jasefos
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS