Dj Controller for ableton : ) !

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
phatline

Post by phatline » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:20 pm

hell yea, great thing, I becomes better and better :D

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:06 pm

New version 1.6 coming soon:

New version its coming soon with new features.
I consider this version have all things DJ need for use ableton for djing, mashups, lop playings etc etc.

After this version its completed, i start second stage and start developing controlls for people need take control of synths, samplers etc etc.

In this first picture you can see making faster look, new buttons and cosmetics changes.

All chanells are labeled now in the sliders, and upscreen in every chanell, making more easy all.
Monotouchlive have lot of information on same screen and this simple labeling make yiur work easy.
At the right of the master slider, you see button CFG and LCK, button:

LCK: this button lock the master slider, very usefull for skip errors specially when you surf across the ableton with surf arrows, now you can lock the master slider.

CFG: Under this button you have, buttons for make the maping of the 2 pads available on MTL.
Under this section, you find new features like:
Button for change from full screen to windowz mode
Button for clear screen, if you have some accident and need clear your screen, you have button with countdown display, for clean your screen, you have across 20 seconds all the sliders and buttons and knob locked for clean your screen in safe way.
Specially util for people with saw, screen.

Another feature under this section, its save configuration button, with this feature, you can move sliders, and knobs to position you want and record taht position, the next time you load the sofware you can load your default position saved for the sliders and knobs controlls.

The pads have new touch points, this new circualr 2d points have visual feedback when you touch, and the 8 circular point of touchs of the left pad, are little more big for help to correct work on resistive touchscreens with no great sensibility.

In this picture you can see button called CH 1 and CH 3 activated, this button are labeled with number of chanells for help to diferenciate the cahells, for that rerason have that name.
Pressing that buttons you have acces per channel to new contolls:
You can redwind or forward playing traks, you can select where start or end lops on the fly, and you can enable or disable loops.
One circular knob its available for change the gain of track, or can be mapped to detune, if you need that feature.
The selector A B, its placed here and now you can asign this chanell to A or B section of crossfader.

In this picture you see button called AU activated, this enable 3 auxiliar knobs, per chanell, this can be asignes for custo filter per chanell, etc etc,

More little changes be avilable on the next version, time release not available, all things are completed, but need some changes, test checks etc etc before publishing, oh !! and ableton autorization for have the ableton logo inside my aplication : )

Best regards.
Dj Grobe
http://www.monotouchlive.com

EddieJ

Post by EddieJ » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:18 pm

If I'm not using audio samples or any audio period, I'm guessing this really nice looking interface won't do me much good, as I primarily need Ableton Live to select and play MIDI loops for sequencing external synths. Being able to see which loops I've selected was my primary reason for switching to a PC based sequencer vice a hardware sequencer that I've been using for a while.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:09 pm

Hi ediie, this interface its for djing, now soon, i start work on second complete screen with features for musician, or people who need take contol of LFOs, external synths etc etc.

Please contact to phatline, and talk about this, i need the complete sugested layout finished soon for start work on that : )
Like i say all time sugestion acpeted, for improve.

Ableton its a complex software can be used in many different ways.....so if have money and want touchscreen LEGO interface just buy lemur : )
If not sugest your ideas.
I want some usefull layout for people who use synths and midi, for add the second dedicated screen : ) that its not usefull for me, and for the original concept of this sofwtare, MIDI contoll for djing with live, mushups, and loop music play, but i can add any new screen help to other users.

Finally i down the price of my software yo just 9.95U$ for people interested in use, and plain start expalin .........how anyone can create your own contoller like this !

: )

Best reagrds.

djZen

Ok its 2007 how much is this$$$?

Post by djZen » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:11 am

? you said soon back in 06 bro

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:28 am

I hoppe have ready the new version before 31 of this month its possible this weekend if have some free time.
Sorry for delay, but lof of changes , improvements and new features on this new version : )
Some little things not epxlained in the last post : )

Patience !

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:26 am

New version its completed : )
Anyway i delay the new version to one or 2 days later after 6.04 firsta belton beta.
I need check if ableton fix the midi bug in midi clip feedbacks, and loop feedback improved.

Sorry for this delay, just patience.

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:30 am

any recommendations for which tyouch screen monitors are best? anything portable enough to fit in a backpack?

also: does it support multiple touch points yet?

thanks so much.
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:20 am

No comercial touchscreens support multitouch yet.
I recomend saw, or capactitive.

If capacitive touchscreen its good quality, capacitive have better sensitivity.

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:29 am

I continue with the project, but freeze waiting the new version Ableton 6.0.4

For people want modular touchscreen, can start work with this to build your own programable gui, based on linux : )

100% free

http://sourceforge.net/projects/midicontrol/

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:40 am

Finally ! : )
Ableton fix the midi bug reported, now project continue, i make public the new version when ableton beta test 6.0.6 end : )

I really hoppe they improve the midi loop feedback feature:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55875

Thanks you ableton for fix the bug reported !

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:43 am

ASAP ableton close the actual beta, i make public the new version : )
Continue waiting beta end..and hoppe they improve now loop midi feedback : )

Best regards.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:20 am

nvm

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:32 pm

What is nvm ? :?: nevermind?
You say i should nevermind they improve the midi feedback?

i start think they never do that..... :oops:

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:10 pm

Nah. I had a question but it was irrelevant and already answered in this thread. So I edited that post.
I was confused about the pricing of the app. Since various prices have been mentioned. Even that it was free.
But then I saw your post about it being 10$.

So nevermind, I got the answer :wink: