BCR2000 - How to get it into Mackie Emulation mode?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rbro

BCR2000 - How to get it into Mackie Emulation mode?

Post by rbro » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:49 pm

Can someone give me a quick step by step or link(s) to how to do this?

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:57 pm

The Covert Operators have graciously hosted the files
http://thecovertoperators.groc.org/down ... mfiles.zip

The Mackie mode files are in there as well as some instructions. Basically it's 2 presets you load, then enable the BCR in Live's preferences as a control surface.

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:41 pm

Don't forget to get huskervu if it isn't included.

Much easier when you have the LCD emulation as well.
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II

rbro

Post by rbro » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:33 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:The Covert Operators have graciously hosted the files
http://thecovertoperators.groc.org/down ... mfiles.zip

The Mackie mode files are in there as well as some instructions. Basically it's 2 presets you load, then enable the BCR in Live's preferences as a control surface.
Wow. There are 53 files there, but the read-me is about Cubase. And then another "Live" directory with 19 files and a tiny read me:

These are 16 template presets for the Behringer BCR2000 - a bunch of cc#s going up from 1, preset 1 is midi channel 1, preset 2 is midi channel 2 and so on - it makes a lot of sense when you're assigning stuff, and you can see right in the assignment which template controls it.

Can someone give me a clue as to what to do with which files, in order to get Mackie Emulation to work? Also nothing about huskervu - what is that?

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:45 pm

Wow, I just took a look at that, and that is not what I have. I only have two sysex files. One does the majority of the work (all).

I think that was something so that each preset controls a track....yikes. Perhaps too much control? I may have to try it sometime, but....

go here:

http://www.xmlconsulting.co.nz/husker/huskervu.htm

And read, and then go to the site it instructs you to for the mackie control emulation.

This is huskers site (he is the one who created the LCD emulation that goes on screen.

Cheers,
AB
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II

rbro

Post by rbro » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:47 pm

anti-banausic wrote:Wow, I just took a look at that, and that is not what I have. I only have two sysex files. One does the majority of the work (all).

I think that was something so that each preset controls a track....yikes. Perhaps too much control? I may have to try it sometime, but....

go here:

http://www.xmlconsulting.co.nz/husker/huskervu.htm

And read, and then go to the site it instructs you to for the mackie control emulation.

This is huskers site (he is the one who created the LCD emulation that goes on screen.

Cheers,
AB
Thanks, but it says Windows XP only..... :cry:

Anything for Mac OSX?

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:53 pm

Sorry, didn't catch that.

Actually, I think the sysex files should be the same? So the mackie emu files will work, you just won't be able to use huskervu which is the LCD emu (they are two separate programs linked by a virtual MIDI connection (midiyoke on PC).

So go here:

http://www.geocities.jp/mackicrokontrol/

and try the sysex files. I think there is something called sysex librarian or something like that for Mac that will allow you to upload it to the BCR.

Give it awhile as well. It took me the better part of a day to get everything sussed out. But it will be worth it.

Best,
AB

rbro

Post by rbro » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:12 pm

anti-banausic wrote:Sorry, didn't catch that.

Actually, I think the sysex files should be the same? So the mackie emu files will work, you just won't be able to use huskervu which is the LCD emu (they are two separate programs linked by a virtual MIDI connection (midiyoke on PC).

So go here:

http://www.geocities.jp/mackicrokontrol/

and try the sysex files. I think there is something called sysex librarian or something like that for Mac that will allow you to upload it to the BCR.

Give it awhile as well. It took me the better part of a day to get everything sussed out. But it will be worth it.

Best,
AB
OK, I found this site:

http://www.geocities.jp/mackicrokontrol ... live5.html

I've downloaded a MCE3Presets folder that contains 2 files:

MCE3Live.syx
addon.syx

I have Sysex librarian. Do I send these both to the BCR under the same preset, or do I need to create 2 presets? Also, the instructions say:

3. If you want to save it,see here (Donwload "BCR Store .zip")

So I downloaded BCR Store.zip, which contains 32 files. But I have no idea what it's for. Can't I just send files to the BCR via Sysex Librarian and then save the preset (or presets) in the BCR? :? :?

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:23 pm

Put them into consecutive presets. The 'store' files are for sending a save command to the BCR. IOW send a preset to preset #17 then send the file 'store17' otherwise it won't stay in memory.

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:27 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:Put them into consecutive presets. The 'store' files are for sending a save command to the BCR. IOW send a preset to preset #17 then send the file 'store17' otherwise it won't stay in memory.
This is exactly right, as the MCEmu will take over the edit button for its own functionality and you won't be able to save.

Personally, I thought it would be easier to get the BCR editor up and running and store it that way. In the long run, after messing about with different versions of Flash, I am not sure it was any easier than using the "save" sysex messages.

Good luck.

rbro

Post by rbro » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:32 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:Put them into consecutive presets. The 'store' files are for sending a save command to the BCR. IOW send a preset to preset #17 then send the file 'store17' otherwise it won't stay in memory.
So let me see if I have this:

Send "MCE3Live.syx" to BCR under Preset 1
Send "bcr_store_01.syx" to BCR (do I need to press any buttons to store it?)
Send "addon.syx" to BCR under preset 2
Send "bcr_store_02.syx" to BCR

Does that sound right?

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:41 pm

Correctamundo.

rbro

Post by rbro » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:50 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:Correctamundo.
OK, I'm making progress. So now I have Preset 1 on my BCR with the contents of MCE3Live.syx in it and Preset 2 contains addon.syx. And I believe they are both stored in memory. More questions:

Why the 2 presets? What are the differences?

Is there any place I can download some type of map to see what buttons/knobs control what in these 2 presets?

Can I add things to these presets or change them? Like what if I like everything, but I want to assign a different knob to the crossfader. Can that be done?

Thanks for all your help by the way......

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:01 pm

Here is the "Manual". It thought there was one for the second preset as well, but can't seem to find it.

I rarely use the second preset. Perhaps I was too lazy to learn it as well. It adds some functionality that I think I didn't really need.

http://www.geocities.jp/mackicrokontrol ... manual.pdf

Also, I would actually think about using different preset numbers for the MCE. Because I believe that you are going to need preset 1 to comply with LIVE6's automapping. I could be wrong though.

rbro

Post by rbro » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:03 pm

anti-banausic wrote:Here is the "Manual". It thought there was one for the second preset as well, but can't seem to find it.

I rarely use the second preset. Perhaps I was too lazy to learn it as well. It adds some functionality that I think I didn't really need.

http://www.geocities.jp/mackicrokontrol ... manual.pdf

Also, I would actually think about using different preset numbers for the MCE. Because I believe that you are going to need preset 1 to comply with LIVE6's automapping. I could be wrong though.
That link doesn't work for me.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.
Last edited by rbro on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.