MIDI clock sync problems with PDC

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Polyphonic

MIDI clock sync problems with PDC

Post by Polyphonic » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:08 pm

Hi,

Can anybody confirm a bug for me? I've emailed support@ableton but, whilst I'm waiting, it'd be helpful if you could assist me.

If I have Live as the midi clock master and my Korg Electibe ES-1 as slave, I need a midi clock delay of around -10ms for everything to be in sync (set to pattern mode). However, every time I stop Live and start from 1.1.1 I have to reset the midi clock delay to -10ms as it behaves as if it is set to 0ms. I have to change the midi clock delay to -10 whilst Live is playing. Also, if I change my midi output from my soundcard to my Korg PadKontrol, I get the same problem, so this rules out the soundcard.

Now, here's the thing. Turning PDC off fixes it. That's all well and good but I do need PDC for a couple of things.

Does anybody get the same problem?

Gracias.. ;)
Last edited by Polyphonic on Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justin

Post by justin » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:43 am

havent tried this out, but i have had similar probs tryin to get live 5 to sync properly.
also had probs wih pdc.

cant seem to get live 5 to send or receive steady midi clok. there is always some fluctuation in the bpm... which seems to indicate that the delay is not constant!?

but i use logic for that sort of work, so i have not persisted with live.
any clues to get a steady midi clok with live 5 on osx would be greatly appreciated?

this happened when i was trying to sync korg ms2000 and elektribe with live as both master and slave. the audio files which i recorded did not have a constant bpm, which is a complete pain if u then have to edit it back in time!

i dont remember having these issues with live 4...

Polyphonic

Post by Polyphonic » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:51 am

Yep, I've noticed those problems too. I'm on a PC but it's interesting to hear you having that on OSX too.

Hoping Ableton will acknowledge the bug *fingers crossed*

I'm having to resort to turning PDC off every time I want to sync my devices at the moment.