Live 2.0 sets in Live 2.1

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
The Kooky Scientist

Live 2.0 sets in Live 2.1

Post by The Kooky Scientist » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:50 am

Noticing some buggy behavior when opening Live 2.0 sets in Live 2.1
When stopping and starting Live I notice that sometimes some long clips do not return to zero and start in the right place when I restart. Stopping all clips and then starting over seems to cure it temporarily.

Will do more investigation. Perhaps saving in Live 2.1 will cure it completely.

Anyone else noticing this ?

telepathic regards,
the kooky scientist

The Kooky Scientist

Post by The Kooky Scientist » Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:51 am

make that opening Live 2.0 sets in Live 2.1.1

Porpy

Post by Porpy » Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:42 am

yep, i am getting this too

but the behaviour is intermittent

this is occuring with new songs as well, so i dont think it has anything to do particularly with the fact your sets were saved in version2

regards

Porpy

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:13 pm

Hi, all.

We have change the behaviour slightly in 2.1 in the case you have fired clips running and now you change the song position (that happens when you press stop and then start again).

In version 2.0 after you restart the song all clips where playing as if they all where fired at 1.1.1. So if you had clips fired at sub bar positions (through quantisations below 1 bar) or different long loops fired at different bars all their relative offset among each other - that could be quite important for the resulting sound - where gone away.

In version 2.1 all clips hold their relative offsets even after song position changes. But of course this results in the scenario you described. I hope the benefit of this behavior is greater then the "this is a bug"-feeling.

Kind regards, Bernd.
Bernd Roggendorf
roggendorf@ableton.com

The Kooky Scientist

Post by The Kooky Scientist » Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:17 pm

Ahh, yes .... I see now. I like to set the global quantization to 1/4 to allow me to trigger clips as fills.

This new feature seems easy enough to behave in the old manner by setting the quantization of the specific clips to bar or whatever instead of global.