Dublin users

Promote your gigs or events.
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:09 pm

staby wrote:Hi all, I would love to go and see, being using ableton for 6 months, mainly warping vinyl for use on traktor, I know!!!!!

Though I would love to see and meet users and Kaizen when will you be doing another showcase in town? I think I came accross you on the EP forum..

Anyways, I'll be keeping a look out here....

Cheers..
Staby....
hey staby thats me! One of the mds over on EP. I'll maybe do a pre-session to follow up on the beginners guide at the start of this showcase, but not a full setup as this is to be focussed on something different. All will be posted up here!!
Ableton Live Beginners Guide - Lazy Persons edition available now @ djkaizen.comImage

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:23 am

Use to live in phibsboro for a few years myself, living in Galway now. Still travel up and down a good bit. long time reason/cubase, had the demo for a long time but never really got into it, took the bait on one of those m audio upgrade offers about a month ago and now I'm loving it.

Using my virus, reason, emu X and recorded sound sources.

http://www.myspace.com/beatpoetmusic

womoma

Post by womoma » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:27 am

Beatpoet - Galway? Kool. Im playin there on Thursday in the Galway Bay Hotel.

Ed. I really dig that tune.

Kaizen, and Dublin people. Whos on for gettin together mid April?

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:27 pm

was away for that one womom.

do you play in Galway often ?

womoma

Post by womoma » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:02 am

Hey man. No I dont DJ much to be honest, it was a favour for a friend. Im more into production and DJing is something Im just getting into as a side hobby.

Galway was a great laugh though.

Kaizen

Post by Kaizen » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:43 pm

29th May in the Bernard Shaw as part of Bodytonics Stasis night!

Be there or be square - more details to follow guys. Its not my show this time round - I'm a guest presenter i'll have you know. Just me doing the new and improved Ableton Live beginners Guide for DJs.

I'll post here, but check out www.djkaizen.com as well where I'll be posting eveything

Kaizen
Ableton Live Beginners Guide - Lazy Persons edition available now @ djkaizen.comImage

rozling

Post by rozling » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:48 pm

Hey people! I completely forgot about this part of the forum. I'm a Dublin based user, mainly interested in production but did some DJing last year & plan to return to that once I've got a 'show' to put on. I've been using Live for something like 2 years I think...

Anyhoo what's this about the Bernard Shaw? Is it like an official Dublin Users Group thing? If so count me in!

condra

Post by condra » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:28 pm

(me=womoma)

Sorry about the workshop thing. It has kinda been put on the long finger as I've been busy and Conor (Kaizen) got married. Kaizens the one with the Bodytonic links so he will hopefully be able to organise something for Bernard Shaw in the coming months.

Anyways, wheres everyone from?

Im in Glasnevin in Dublin.

MonaShaker

Post by MonaShaker » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:31 am

thought id throw my 2 cents in for good measure,

from skerries been dj'in for 4/5 years. In australia for a year 9along with the rest of us) couldnt bring my decks with me so got Live and a Laptop, only recently.

enjoying it loads, still only a novice but hoping to improve and then get a studio going when i get home... Zap
bish bash boom

tom b.

Post by tom b. » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:05 pm

howya's ... Tom living in Dublin

been djing 10 years and messin around with abelton for a while ... wish i had more time to get stuff done though :)

Kaizen

Post by Kaizen » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:29 am

I'll get on this asap guys. How does a saturday afternoon in January sound?

I'll get on with John now!

Kaizen

Post by Kaizen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:25 pm

Preferred Dates in January Guys

Has to be a saturday though!

condra

Post by condra » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:38 am

God, we're all so Irish. Talkin about doin shit but going to the pub instead :lol:

Anyone into getting something organised this spring?

rozling

Post by rozling » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:25 pm

I'd be up for a Dublin User Group. I'm not DJing/playing live anymore so I've nothing to show by way of performance but I'm sure I've a few Tips & Tricks I could share.

Come on there has to be more of us!

Hollyfringe

howya dubliners!

Post by Hollyfringe » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:47 pm

i've just started using ableton after spending a few years just with reason, would love to hear any tips and tricks and will most probably be asking questions around here!