I LOVE MY FAST TRACK PRO!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DJSK

I LOVE MY FAST TRACK PRO!

Post by DJSK » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:10 pm

What a relief it is to have a sound card that I can finally rely on to DJ with when using Live. Not sure how many other people out there have gotten a chance to try this thing out. It's definately not as stylish or fancy as my Firewire Audiophile was but it definately works. No more audio dropouts or cue button freezes at all. Plus it's got two mic inputs. No 96kHz sample rate but I can live with that. I may actually start to have faith in M-Audio again after all.

Michael-SW

Post by Michael-SW » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:45 pm

But it does have 96 kHz, at least according to their website!

What kind of latencies are you getting?

DJSK

Post by DJSK » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:29 pm

You are right, actually it does support 96kHz sampling rate. However, it only works when you only use the digital input and disable all the outputs. If you want to have the outputs enabled then the maximum sampling rate is 48 kHz.

As for latency the minimum buffer setting is 128 which gives 5.58 ms of input and 5.58 ms of output if the sampling rate is set to 44kHz with a depth of 16 or 24.

If the sampling rate is set to 48kHz with a depth of 16 or 24, and a buffer setting of 128 then I get 5.13 ms of input and 5.13 ms of output latency.

I guess the sound card isn't the choice for someone who needs some serious audio processing but as far as DJing goes it's got to be the best one I have used yet.

aviavi

Post by aviavi » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:45 pm

I recently got this box, and think it is very very good. No problems whatsoever, and the feature set is just right. The A/B switch for is very handy for listening to cued tracks.

Avi

mrdwpman

fast track pro

Post by mrdwpman » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:07 pm

Ok, sounds great. I have had mine for about 2 weeks. Need help.
1. when i dj, one channel was lower in volume. did i set it wrong?
2. I pluged my guitar in and coooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no problem! but when i pluged in my mic i got nothing. I can see a signal on the board, but no sound?

STRATEGY_510

Re: fast track pro

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:16 pm

mrdwpman wrote: 2. I pluged my guitar in and coooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no problem! but when i pluged in my mic i got nothing. I can see a signal on the board, but no sound?

I'm having the same problem running an sm58 into the FTP into Live 5.

I finally got it to work, but I have to turn the mic input all the way up.

STRATEGY

mrdwpman

Post by mrdwpman » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:19 pm

Yes i got mine to work also. I had to turn it up

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:21 pm

In my country, Argentina, the FAST TRACK have exactly same price of audiophile.

I want use for djing and want super stable card....this is the bestsound interface, for djing?

Or audiophile is the best option?

I see FastTrak Pro have RCA putput and balanced putputs !! mic inputs, line inputs.

Audiophile its better card? Audiophile have audio droouts?

Mr DJSK...................Audiophile have drop outs?

I listen lot of people say firewire is better compared with usb, but reading forums people with USB have reduced or null troubles compared wth firewire.

I play for one year with final scratch 2 firewire !! and have drop outs !!

I tested a lot serato, its a usb and have no fails, super stable work.......

Please i apreciate any information, because i need define in the next hours what sound device buy : )

mrdwpman

Post by mrdwpman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:38 am

i have had pro for 3 months now a no problems and it works fine

Dj-Grobe

Post by Dj-Grobe » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:14 pm

Mr mrdwpman you se PC or Mac?

mrdwpman

Post by mrdwpman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:17 pm

i use a hp latop hp pavilion dv1000 running windows xp 500 ram. I run it with pcdj red.

KX

Re: fast track pro

Post by KX » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:37 pm

mrdwpman wrote: 2. I pluged my guitar in and coooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no problem! but when i pluged in my mic i got nothing. I can see a signal on the board, but no sound?
There is a button to switch b/w mic & instr near the input for them. Try it!
I'm very happy with my FAST TRACK PRO, finally I can play my guitar through Live effects w/o noticeble lattency. I have about 7ms.

The other thing I like is that it takes power from USB port only (but it has an AC adaptor plug), such a relief!!! Less net of cords & I can play anytime anywhere using my laptop

mrdwpman

Post by mrdwpman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:48 pm

Great! thats's cool. a true mobile unit. I have been djing with it and i still have not got to record anything on live. I have the mics working and my guitar working fine. I still can't record. I just need to sit down and read the darn manual. Any tips for my first recording?