mapping for any controller and us2400

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
wooly

mapping for any controller and us2400

Post by wooly » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:42 pm

Hi there

I've searched around but cant find if anyone has a mapping for a us2400.

live 5 now supports mackie mode and the us 2400 will work in a basic way for live using this when you choose mode aux4 for logic.

has anyone made a better discovery or maybe a native mapping for live that allows better control and clip launchs and send levels etc?

I would LOVE to get these details

thanx in advance
Last edited by wooly on Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wooly

using a midi translator for any controller to fire off clips

Post by wooly » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:58 pm

Bump :)

Hi again.. I guess the US2400 is not that popular a choice as a controller huh?

Maybe someone can help me with analysing how I can take a the mapping for a mackie..if anyone has a live template for that .... and modify it so it will work on a US2400.

Anyway....
I read somewhere that something called Bome's Midi Translator program lets you translate the midi sysex message coming
from the any controller buttons into either a Midi message or a computer keyboard
shortcut that an audio soft like Ab live will understand.

http://www.bome.com/midi/

You must also use a Virtual Midi Port program such as Hubi's Loopback to make this
work. http://members.magnet.at/hubwin/midi.html

I havent tried any of this yet , but some feedback from someone who has any info would be great.

Thanx

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:29 pm

well, i don't know how helpful this will be, but

in my limited experience with the bcf2000, i think you should stick to using mackie control mode in ableton, rather than making a template set with custom midi assignments. that way it will work with any set you have open, whether it was created with a particular template or not.

whether or not you want to try to make a custom setup on your controller (reassigning mackie controls to other buttons, etc) - i'm sure it's possible - you can find the mackie control info on the net (search the general forum)

i can see how you'd be able to reassign things on your us2400 but am unclear on how easy it would be to make sure the midi info coming out of ableton gets used properly to update fader positions, encoders etc.

blah blah etc: to summarize: if that controller has a mackie emulation mode, then i'd expect you can control most things in ableton except clip launching, scenes etc. - although it may require extra button pushes and scrolling through selections. i'd recommend just learning to work with this rather than putting lots of time into custom programming it.

good luck

btw you would get more response on the general forum, way more people look at it

Lucas

Post by Lucas » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:41 pm

Hi!

I've just got my us-2400 up and running on Logic mode (sel + aux4) with Live5.

Everything is really smooth but I'd like some more specific Live integration, like jump to locators (very important), session/arrangment view selector, ability to continue playback from stop.

Just wondering if there will be some Live template for this thing in the near future...

wooly

Post by wooly » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:52 am

Mobile setup = mac laptop OSx 10.5, Live 7 Tacscam US2400, Motu 828mk11