upgraded to 5 and samples are no longer in sync

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
frize

upgraded to 5 and samples are no longer in sync

Post by frize » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:23 am

All of a sudden now with the live 5 the samples and there are many are no longer in sync with the rest of the music as they were before. Is this a bug or am I just i need of making some adjustments.

blank

Post by blank » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:31 am

i had exactly the same probs

couple of weeks with the tech support leaded to nothing

a real pain in the ass

30 sets destructed
feug.net -:- virb.com/feug

solovox

Post by solovox » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:38 am

THANK YOU. Freaking FINALLY.

I thought I was going buggy here. The same thing is happening to me. Live 5, after extensive attempts and debugging hopes with every single beta is turning out to be completely unusable.

I can load a whopper 4 gig set in Live 4...everything is sweet. The same exact set in Live 5 is slower...almost hinting that it's barely holding on. But even when it plays fine, there are seemingly random numbers of clips that only play correctly on the SECOND run through. The first run-through is out of time.

This is obviously no good...are we supposed to play certain clips "wrong" and hope the crowd doesn't notice? Ugh...I'm just thrilled someone else is seeing this...

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:31 pm

is it related to the topics in this thread?

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31545&

solovox

Post by solovox » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:54 pm

From what I can glean from that (enormous!) thread, this is actually a different issue.

The clips we are talking about DO begin on the one...but they are playing sped-up...out of time. Sometimes quite out of time.

On the second play of the clip, Live "gets it" and plays the clip properly.

Dean Eager

Post by Dean Eager » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:20 am

It's not just me then? A set I've spent week working on has decided to completely out of time. So too has the back-up, all just before the final render!
I am not happy, I thought Live was supposed to be reliable. :evil: