2.0.3 Tries to "recover" every time I close a proj

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
chaunceyc

2.0.3 Tries to "recover" every time I close a proj

Post by chaunceyc » Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:59 pm

Ever since I upgraded to 2.0.3 this has started happening:

I record new loops via Reason into Live, I close the project (without saving), it asks me if I want to delete the temporary samples? I tell it "yes" Then I immediately get some prompt about

"Would you like to recover your work on "[Songname]"? aparently, live was unexpectedly quit while you were working on this live set.

I can see this being useful if you use it in a studio, but I use it onstage, and the added extra keystrokes after every tune are driving me nuts.

Also...it would be VERY nice if when Reason deletes the temporary samples, it gets rid of the temporary folder if it is empty. After every performance, I have to kill a new folder created for every track I played at the gig. By and large, those temporary files and folder are just one-off loops I've created at shows, and I DON'T want to keep them. Is there a parameter that can be set to locate them somewhere other than the folder with my tracks--it makes it tougher to find my tracks onstage if there are 75 folders in the same directory as my .als projects.

Thanks,

Chauncey
Last edited by chaunceyc on Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cderum

"unexpectedly quit"

Post by cderum » Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:48 pm

I have been getting the same "would you like to recover your work on ---, apparently live unexpectedly quit . . ." message whenever I close a project without saving my work on it. I have no idea at what point Live might have "unexpectedly quit," other than when I told it to quit. It's mostly just an annoyance--but an annoyance I don't really understand and feels like a bug.

DCools

Re: 2.0.3 Tries to "recover" every time I close a proj

Post by DCools » Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:35 pm

Me 2.

I Launched Live 2.03.

Select 2 wav loops, one on track one, and one on track two in Session view.

Play loop one on track one, then loop two on track two.

I select Close Live Set and anwer No with the question "Save changes to "Untitled" before closing?" The next message I see is:

Would you like to recover your work on 'Default Document'?

Apparently, Live was unexpectedly quit while you were working on this Live Set. Click OK if you want Live to try restore the last state of the Set.

I answer Cancel and I can work with Live on a new Live set.

Regards,
Diederick F.M. Cools.

p.s. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP1
Last edited by DCools on Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:54 am

Yep, Im getting it too - It worries me......

TiBook 500
512Mb
OS9.2.2
LIVE 2.03
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

richardbrown

Post by richardbrown » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:22 am

Me too, but haven't pinned it down to anything specific.

iBook 700
OSX 10.2.4
Live 2.0.3

Mbazzy

Post by Mbazzy » Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:28 pm

Have had this as well .. but it disappeared ....
http://www.mbazzy.tk -
Mbazzy's "The dysfunctional playground, a scrapbook a bout the shape of useless things" now OUT on Retinascan - http://www.retinascan.de

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:29 pm

i followed dcools steps and was able to reproduce it several times on 9.2.2. i'd never noticed it before.

k

Credo

Post by Credo » Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:01 am

And I have had this too, but it seems to have dissapeared here too.

I thought that it had something to do with the undo.cfg thing that was going on.

Has anyone of you (who have had the recover-behaviour) had the Undo.cfg message too??

Im talking 2.03.

Credo

Credo

Post by Credo » Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:05 am

I also want to add:

I followed the steps for reproducing this recover-thing and got the message exactly as described.

Im running OS X TiBook 500

Credo

skeletunes

Post by skeletunes » Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:35 pm

I have this problem as well, but it's intermittent.

- martin
Him & The Drinks: Cartoon Exotica
http://www.himandthedrinks.com

brought to you by:

Skeletunes, Ltd.
http://www.skeletunes.com

madlab

Post by madlab » Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:25 am

same for me on os 9.2.2 or OSX 10.2. Most of the times, I can 'reload' my song in the previous state and then close it normally , but the mac has crashed once or twice.

QUAZAR

Post by QUAZAR » Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:05 pm

have it sometimes on my Mac G4, OS 9.2
only when I've been jamming and don't want to save a session though.
strange..

petterw

problems with saving++ Mac 9.2.1/Live 2.0.3

Post by petterw » Fri May 16, 2003 11:13 am

Hi!

I have also experienced this message several times. But I have another, more serious problem: sometimes (more often than not) when trying to save a project (or render a file) the save dialogue appears and Live! freezes!!! I have to force quit the program to get out of the situation. Imagine how that affects my confidence in the program when using it on stage.......

For the record: I have rebuilt the desktop and have no other programs running, 320 MB RAM.

Anybody with the same problem here?

cheers,
Petter

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri May 16, 2003 2:00 pm

Hi folks,

the appearing of "Would you like to recover your work on 'Default Document'?" is a ugly (and tedious) bug in Live 2.0.3. It will be fixed within the next update.

Petter,
it's important to reduce as much as possible dependencies concerning the save/render.
Does it happen also without the use of any plugin (no internal ableton effect, no vst)?
When it freezes while rendering, at which point is it? At the start of the rendering or more at the end?

regards,
Alex

petterwiik

problems with saving/redering

Post by petterwiik » Mon May 19, 2003 9:53 am

Hi Alex, the program freezes when I try to save a new session, for instance containing just one loop and no effects at all. Also at the very start of rendering (rendering as a form of "save"...) It doesn't happen all the time though, which makes it even more mysterious. I have pluggo 2.1 in my VST-folder but that shouldn't be a trouble, or...? I thought maybe it had something to do with an internal file problem on my iBook but then I would probably experience the same thing with other programs, which I don't. I have managed to save older sessions, but not always. It's not very convenient (as you may imagine!) since the iBook is my main equipment for stage purposes...But I've got some tips from Christian (Kleine) which I'll pursue, deleting the preferences file ++.

Cheers,
Petter