BTW why US Enlgish, not just English??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
forge

BTW why US Enlgish, not just English??

Post by forge » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:52 am

Merely dropping a "u" from colour and spelling Socks with an X is not enough to give them their own language!

it offends me.

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:00 am

Don't forget the overuse of the double negative and phrases like "Where you at" :D :wink:

It's mainly keyboard layouts for the most part, as far as I've gathered.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:02 am

its all about the $ symbol vs. the pound symbol.

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:15 am

when the UK has a film and entertainment industry that actually influences popular culture the world over... THEN you can put the little fucking U back in Color.

:twisted:

no but seriously, i remember every time i've been to Australia there was more American television programing than Ozzie programing.

a good friend of mine in Belgium has a daughter. She had a 2nd grade english level when she was in the first grade, just from watching American cartoons that were spoken in english but subtitled in Dutch. Do you think she sounded british when she spoke English? nope.

our entertainment industry is one of our biggest exports, and it exports more than just "product" but influence as well.

not saying that is good, not saying that is bad. but that is indeed the way it is.

wankers!
:P

forge

Post by forge » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:35 am

AdamJay wrote:when the UK has a film and entertainment industry that actually influences popular culture the world over... THEN you can put the little fucking U back in Color.

no but seriously, i remember every time i've been to Australia there was more American television programing than Ozzie programing.

a good friend of mine in Belgium has a daughter. She had a 2nd grade english level when she was in the first grade, just from watching American cartoons that were spoken in english but subtitled in Dutch. Do you think she sounded british when she spoke English? nope.

our entertainment industry is one of our biggest exports, and it exports more than just "product" but influence as well.

not saying that is good, not saying that is bad. but that is indeed the way it is.

wankers!
doesnt have anything to do with it!

Why should that mean you have to choose "US English, french or German" when you install live???

does that mean we shouldnt be using it?

bah bloody humbug!

AdamJay

re: BTW why US Enlgish, not just English??

Post by AdamJay » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:38 am

you asked, "why US English"

your question was extremely broad and without much definition.

i answered to the best of my abilities with regard to the information i was handed.

nyah

PS. check your spelling of "English" in the subject's title.
IRONYYYYYYYYYY

forge

Post by forge » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:41 am

:lol: :lol:

Aint you never heard of Enlgish??

get a life man, all the kids are speaking it.

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:46 am

AdamJay wrote:when the UK has a film and entertainment industry that actually influences popular culture the world over... THEN you can put the little fucking U back in Color.

wankers!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 360496.stm
Macbook 2.2ghz, OS 10.5.2, Focusrite Saffire, Microkontrol, Lemur

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:50 am

crazy... you know its in the US's interest and bottom $ when they oppose U.N. conventions that every other nation votes in favor of.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:40 am

why US english and not just english? cause we da only 1's speakin da english proppa yo, US in da hizzouse. we own dat shi.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:48 am

because we use cell phones, not mobiles, you fuck.

:D

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

buwatcha

Post by buwatcha » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:54 am

I also think its pretty funny that when there's a little pop down menu asking for your country and its listed alphabetically, the "US" is often listed first just to make it easy on the lazy bastards!!!!

dirtystudios

Post by dirtystudios » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:39 am

I live in the US, and I've never heard the term "US English".

k

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:52 am

the US is first because US is not our name we are "America, the United states of" America is an A letter which puts it first. I'm not joking. they just write US these days for some reason but it's America which puts us first alphabetically.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:40 am

I first noticed a couple of years ago that many drop-down lists of countries start with USA and then go on to Afghanistan... so like the invasions will proceed alphabetically? Dang! 8O
Last edited by Pitch Black on Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.