MIDI BUG causing latency

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Human Koala

Mea Culpa Midi latency bug

Post by Human Koala » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:26 am

i have to say for me it wasn't a bug :oops:

in fact i didn't see there is one midi latency dialog box by midi in-out port ( not graphically clear :wink: )
i thinked it was a global parameter
i tried to setup the bad midi port

so it's working like a dream and i don't have prob to synchronise&record my micromodular

dohhhh

HK

Daduk

Post by Daduk » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:56 pm

Hmm, thank god that I realize that I am an amateur. Today I solved my problems with the help of a midi-expert and friend of mine. I had made a mess of the midi-sync. page in the preferences menu.

So now I am ready to find out what the real bugs are.

Sorry for disturbing

Beatworld

Post by Beatworld » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:16 am

Just an update from me.

A close inspection of the midi kick parts revealed that they were nowhere near being right on 1/4 notes. So I manually re-aligned them to 1/4 notes and now they play back perfectly in time with everything else with the track delay for the midi kick set at zero.

While mucking around I again noticed a totally unacceptable delay between hitting the keys on my PCR 30 and hearing the kick. I then turned off the Delay Compensation option and - like magic - the delay disappeared. I assume that this delay was most of the reason the kick parts were so wrong in the first place.

When I turned the delay compensation option back on the delay between keyboard and sound did not re-appear.

So at present I am happy....all of the above was done using 5.2b5.

http://www.myspace.com/beatworldperth

3.06Ghz 24" iMac 10.5.7 4Gb:Apogee Duet:Logic Studio 8.02:Live Lite 7:Waves 6:Axiom 49 > museum 1.4GHz G4: 2408 MkII:Poco PCI:Live 5.2:SX3.1.1:Peak 5.2 : BFD2.1

Von Hoof

Ableton Sync Bug: Naughty Slave Movie is out

Post by Von Hoof » Tue May 16, 2006 4:22 pm

*big bump*

This is what I get : a monster delay of about 20ms when slaving Live to hardware, monitoring set to IN, AUTO or OFF. Track delay is zero. See it all here in full colour at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ1vbob9_-s

Record Quantise is set to none, and the groove is straight.

Check the crazy flams in the movie, BTW. I left it overdubbing so you could see Live flipping out.

Any quantising normally makes Live's tempo box oscillate around 1 bpm wrong.

You'd think jamming over loops in Live would be easier. Is it me or...?

Has anyone fixed this yet?

Von Hoof

Von Hoof

Post by Von Hoof » Sun May 21, 2006 7:47 am

yes, me again.

I'd appreciate somebody watching the screengrab movie and giving me a comment.

Please note for the purposes of workaround the problem is (audibly) there on IN AUTO & OFF.

It's a big issue this, and having laid down the cash for a hardware sequencer I'm not pleased to find a big bug in my otherwise favourite ever software :(

Any diagnosis from the gurus most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Von Hoof