new version of multi-midi controler (auto cross fad)

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
palomo

new version of multi-midi controler (auto cross fad)

Post by palomo » Sat May 14, 2005 10:46 am

hello

you could download here
http://vinuesa.club.fr/projet-flou/english/general.htm
(on the tools section)
the new version of my multi midi controler vst plug in
"multi midi controler 2"
I have add 3 freely assignable attack release envelops
the main goal is to create auto crossfad beetwen 2 tracks and trig it with only one mouse clic (or via an external midi controler)

how?
open the plug in any track insert
need's midi yoke virtual port as usual (set midi out plug in to your midi yoke live in and to "to the selected midi outport")

set 2 midi cc controler to the same knob

set your midi volume slider automation in live to this 2 midi cc (use the midi controler "test" button)
set 1srt midi cc ctrl
top=127 floor=0
set 2nd midi cctrl
floor=127 top=0
test the crossfad with the knob and adjust midi cc center value to got a smooth fad (if you want a smooth fad...) beetwen your 2 tracks

link your knob to one of the 3 envelops
set the crossfad in and crossfad out with the attack and release envelop value (by default unit value is a bar at the current tempo)

I hope it's clear

the default preset could be use
just assign midi cc to your 2 tracks volume (test button) and hit the envelop 1 trigger button to test

you should

if you use it, don't forget to listen to one of my songs on "le projet flou"
mp3 section
I remind you that all my plugs are listeningware * (:-))

bugs report and suggestion welcome

*in order to use this plugs you have to listen to at least one of "le projet flou virtual cd" songs (i know...that's crual), "le projet flou" tracks are freely downloadable on "le projet flou" web page

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat May 14, 2005 11:06 am

good idea. I thought of doing something similar - but yours is bigger and more comprehensive!

A few of suggestions:

1: you could use dave haupt's midi learn to add a bit of ease for the user in assigning their physical controllers.

2: make a real graphical horizontal X-fader with a log/lin/exp curve selection for assigning to the Live x-fader. A lot of the DJ's on here would appreciate a X-fader with an editable curve. The Live one being too linear.

3: also - perhaps include a midimon on a paged panel for users to troubleshoot their incoming signals.

anyway - goodwork :)

palomo

Post by palomo » Sat May 14, 2005 11:11 am

thank you

I retain all your suggestions for the next version

Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Mon May 16, 2005 1:42 am

looks good daniel! i'll check this out later on, but sounds like it has some potential.
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...

n-light

midi yoke crossfader

Post by n-light » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:15 am

set 2 midi cc controler to the same knob

sorry, could you explain this a little bit - i got stuck at this point. thanx a lot! :D

palomo

Post by palomo » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:13 am

1 set the midi port (choose one of your ableton live midi in port or internal midi, you have to install midi yoke virtual port to work with live 3)

2 here you can create midi controler

a) by pressing the test button you could link this controler to any ableton parameters in midi learn mode

b) you could set the "min and max" values transmited too ableton live
note that "min" could be higher than "max"! so I have named them floor and top
floor: value transmited when the midi ontroler is set to 0
top; value transmited when the midi controler is set to 127
center: here you could adjust the value send when the midi controler is set to 63 (usefull to get smooth crossfad)

c) select the plug knob you want to use for this midi controler

if you select the same knob for 2 or more midi controler you could remote several ableton live parmeters simutaneously with this knob

you could also choose to control one of the plug in knob with an attack realease envellop and trig it with the "env gate" button

for instance you could trig a crossfad beetwen 2 ableton tracks by only pressing one button

is it more clear now?