CPU peak and saturation

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
krikor

CPU peak and saturation

Post by krikor » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:06 pm

I have major overuse of CPU with my live set: It's quite a big session the .als file is 3 megas, the total files used must be like 1.2 gigas, it's a big session cause i work a lot with improvisation and i want to be able to go anydirection.
I use both live4 for production and live3 for performing live on this computer. I'ts a Titanium PB 1 giga hrtz with 1 giga of ram with a RME hammerfall Multiface.
Lot of short clips are in the ram mode, my ram load for live is around 600 megas in the monitor, but my CPU is always over 100%, using no effect, i get very bad peaks with slow down and stutter when i try to record a loop on the fly. This happens with the RME and the internal soundcard of the PB.
i don't uderstand why the CPU usage is always so High, Is the relation between RAM mode and CPU usage possible?
It seems that the things got a lot worse with the session getting bigger.
I threw the .plist file and library/preference/ableton/live3.04 folder to the trash. After relauching the application, CPU usage was betwin 90 and 100% with some peaks.

I don't know what to do, should i take out all ram clips and a get a faster hard drive? Anybody has an idea of what the problem could be?