last poster...and the winner is.......EnjoyRC

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
forge

last poster...and the winner is.......EnjoyRC

Post by forge » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:05 pm

******EnjoyRC :!: 8) ********

The legendary Head, winner of the Live 3 public beta forum last poster prize - being the name everyone saw when they came to the Ableton forum for nearly a whole year has been knocked from his perch and replaced by his succesor, EnjoyRC.

EnojoyRC, may your stay on the front page be a fruitful one and your guardian presence ward off any evil spirits such as DJ wildstyle and the like.

Until the Live 5 beta!

The king is dead, long live the king!

head

enjoyRC!

Post by head » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:50 pm

BOO!

ah, but if i'm not mistaken, enjoyRC is the one who kindly tought me how to get "lessons" into live...so YEAH!...enjoy the stardom!
:)
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc

EnjoyRC

Post by EnjoyRC » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:36 pm

I feel so honored! You're all toooo kind. I couldn't have done it with out my friends, son, God, mother, father, aunt, dog, keyboards, cats, pet hamster, Bud Lights, slinky, frisbees, cigarettes, my magic 8 ball, ouija board, cell phone... you know...

Thank you... Thank you very much! 8)
Last edited by EnjoyRC on Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacBook Pro (MacOS 13.0.1) i9 Processor, 32gb RAM, 4tb SSD
(STUDIO I/O) MOTU UltraLite mk5 (w/ADA8200), (LIVE I/O) Behringer X Air XR18
Ableton Live Suite 11 (Live performances), Studio One 5 (Studio Stem Creation)

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:37 pm

Hey Forge, in answer to your question about the X-rated vieeos program you mentioned in the now locked beta forum, yes! I did see it :evil:

it made me a bit angry for the same reasons. Nobody quite "got" Aphex Twin though did they? :lol:

we've got to make stuff that's more twisted than the corporates can understand, that's all. Mind you, have you checked out that little QT "Druqs" movie on Aphex's website 8O Absolutely phucked up!! That guy has it NAILED already.

The gauntlet has been thrown down, ladies and gentlemen, it is now down to us. :wink:

loophead

Post by loophead » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:52 pm

:D all hail EnjoyRC, his is the name that we'll all see. He rules the land, he rules the forum, can't wait for 5 so we can deport him 8O

Congrats dude ! :D
Live 607 Mac G5 dual 2.0 Ghz w/ 3.5 gig ram
OS X 10.4.10, Motu 828mk2, c-thru axis, Too many plugins "detective chief superintendent"

EnjoyRC

Post by EnjoyRC » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:19 am

Wow... tough crowd! :wink: I promise to live up to all of your expectations. :D I will be a noble leader.
MacBook Pro (MacOS 13.0.1) i9 Processor, 32gb RAM, 4tb SSD
(STUDIO I/O) MOTU UltraLite mk5 (w/ADA8200), (LIVE I/O) Behringer X Air XR18
Ableton Live Suite 11 (Live performances), Studio One 5 (Studio Stem Creation)

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:21 am

Martyn wrote:Hey Forge, in answer to your question about the X-rated vieeos program you mentioned in the now locked beta forum, yes! I did see it :evil:

it made me a bit angry for the same reasons. Nobody quite "got" Aphex Twin though did they? :lol:

we've got to make stuff that's more twisted than the corporates can understand, that's all. Mind you, have you checked out that little QT "Druqs" movie on Aphex's website 8O Absolutely phucked up!! That guy has it NAILED already.

The gauntlet has been thrown down, ladies and gentlemen, it is now down to us. :wink:

:lol: I just looked at the video and it's nice to see somebody else out there has been to that place. He looked to me like he'd taken salvia and that's what it did to me.

Any of you kids out there messin to try that salvia divinorum stuff be damn sure you know what you're getting yourself into and that you would actually like to have your world shredded in the divine food processor and then set on fire with the flames of Dantes inferno.

Heironimous Bosch can go screw himself the lame arsed cissy, this stuff's for pros who really do want to meet the devil.

I read that the active ingredient salvinorum A is the stongest halucinogen known to man, yet there are only 2 countries in the world have had the sense to ban the stuff. Australia and Norway.

All I could think as I was 'coming back' from whatever parallel universe I'd momentarily dunked myself into was that my mate who gave me the stuff had tricked me into some alien 'truth' cult by letting me in on the great unknown secret, the bastard, I didn't want to know shit like that!

We're all batteries for these great machines that keep us in pods and feed realities directly into our brains with the use of this 'matrix' supercomputer....No wait....I think that was a film I saw.

But it felt like that, with these weird 'Doctor Who' style reptilian monsters standing behind me holding me in my chair

If I take the red pill as well will it cancel out the effects??

Nope. Just makes it more intense.

Who needs crap like that when trying to get a grip with actually living in this bizarre world.

Anyway, to real matters - gauntlet graciously received. Although I'm not so sure it's actually being twisted that's going to be contoversial any more, it might actually be telling the truth that's the new shocker. We haven't seen any of that in a while.

Our prime minister's name's even an anagram of liar (the B is for Bastard)

I was thinking after that program that the only controversy left that's actually worth doing now is the 'political' type. We've seen a guys balls being crushed in s & m clamps, but how does that really help the world :?:

Maybe a few of these people in countries that are starving to death or ripped apart by war would be a bit bemused at the thought that a huge sum of money by some standards has been spent on a pop-video of a man having his testicles ripped apart by machines.

But then dirty Sanchez has made me laugh more than anything I know and we all know laughter is the best medicine, right kids?

(Although that's an altogether different type of testicle crushing. - Ahh, the Welsh!)

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:25 am

was thinking after that program that the only controversy left that's actually worth doing now is the 'political' type. We've seen a guys balls being crushed in s & m clamps, but how does that really help the world
If you substituted Jack Straw or Peter Mandelsson it might help (insert wanker of own choice)

You may be right Forge, truth could be the new shocker. Finding it seems to be a tad difficult these days. Truth coupled with humour is even better.

On the other hand we could just make it all up, everyone else seems to :wink:

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:51 am

Martyn wrote:
was thinking after that program that the only controversy left that's actually worth doing now is the 'political' type. We've seen a guys balls being crushed in s & m clamps, but how does that really help the world
If you substituted Jack Straw or Peter Mandelsson it might help (insert wanker of own choice)

You may be right Forge, truth could be the new shocker. Finding it seems to be a tad difficult these days. Truth coupled with humour is even better.

On the other hand we could just make it all up, everyone else seems to :wink:
yeah I know, it's starting to just feel like a big jumbled up wash of weird alternate realities and the truth is merely whatever the one you least hate says.

I guess that's why people still opt for organised religion - it spells it all out for you, doesn't matter if it's true or not, it's just easy. Saves having to agonize about the completely bewildering and nonsensical world we live in.

At some point I'm half expecting to have a Douglas Adams style 'your world is about to be demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass' truth revealed to us - a depressingly unspectacular one where the vogons are just a big bunch of thuggish demolition men with no brains but still far superior to us with the capacity to obliterate our planet in one move, while we're just really a planet of 'mostly-harmless' semi-evolved apes who're not quite advanced enough to live in the intergalactic community yet so we'll be left alone to swing from trees and vote for the liar with the most money or colourful argument.

That's the problem with the truth, it's either really boring, or really depressing, that's why most people seem to avoid it. :roll:

Ah it's a laugh innit?

God everytime I sit down to check my email I end up writing a big long rant :?

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:57 am

Just lie back and pour it all out man, thaaaats it let it aaaaallll out.

Now repeat these handy new age afermations, everything is goooood, everything is peeeerfect in my world, all around me is love and light, now roll over and fire 14 cling film wrapped magpies from the back of your neck, like an airbomb repeater!

:lol:

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:14 am

Martyn! I think you've got it - cling film wrapped magpies, that's my problem!!

O Guru I touch your feet in worship (ok that sounded weirder than it was supposed to..... :? 8O )

:lol:

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:25 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That'll be 2000 us dollars for the therapy!

8)

forge

Post by forge » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:47 am

Martyn wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

That'll be 2000 us dollars for the therapy!

8)
lemme guess, using western union only attn: Bagwan Bob :lol:

Meffy

Post by Meffy » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:57 pm

forge wrote:western union only
Well, yes. But you get a free 42" plasma TV and an subscription to a valuable internet pharmaceuticals email newsletter, delivered several times daily.

=^!^=

Meffy

head

Post by head » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:41 am

forge wrote: I guess that's why people still opt for organised religion - it spells it all out for you, doesn't matter if it's true or not, it's just easy. Saves having to agonize about the completely bewildering and nonsensical world we live in.
Thanks F. I am grateful not to mention comforted to see that others acknowledge this to be so.

To add only one thing, I'd say that by extension, this touches on the two main tendencies currently clashing in our surroundings.

1 - Those who believe motivation / ideology being the only required dynamic to validate the undertaking of action. Namely the right side of politics.

2 - Those who believe that action can only be fuelled by an objective and compassionate assessment of its consequenses. Namely the left (liberal?!) side of the political spectrum.

Of course, approach "2", as Forge suggested, can be overwhelming process, and clearly requires some reference points...in other words, information, or education...and the lack of it is going to keep costing us all greatly...until we address it and it start bearing fruit.

The extremes ufolding now in the States, are only precursors of the next few years in the UK etc.
It is simple and enormous.
As the truth always is.

One can be a mystic.
One can marvel at existence in many ways.
Without the blinding hypocrisy of institutionalised religions.
M.T"head"
1_Mac Pro Quad
2_Macbook pro 13'
Apogee / Motu /etc