Live 6 Automap template for the Edirol PCR-M30 *updated*

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
attrib

Post by attrib » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:05 am

hgavin wrote:
Tarekith wrote:
dru wrote:Could you maybe explain in detail what the knobs and the L1-L3 buttons do exactly? Sorry but I'm very new to Live.. :oops:
With automap, those features change depending on what device is selected.
Exactly. I'm still getting the hang of it, but here are a couple of examples:
With the setup as I posted it, if you select a rack, then knobs 1-8 control macros 1-8.
If you select Operator then L1-L3 select the different "banks". L1 returns to the first bank, which for Operator is Osc A. L3 and L2 move up or down through the banks. The banks are: Osc A,B,C,D,LFO,Filter, Pitch Mod, Routing. If you select Osc A, then knobs 1-4 control the ADSR envelope, 5 is for Coarse, 6 for Fine, 7 for Velocity and 8 for Level.

Other instruments have other mappings, but the only way to find out is to select an instrument/plug-in so you see the purple hand, and try it. I've got takeover mode set to "Pick Up", and when I move a knob or fader there is information about the selected control in the status bar at the bottom until the values match. Switching between banks should tell you what bank is selected in the status bar as well.

As for the padKontrol, I've got one, but I can't see how it would really fit in to automapping as it stands now. Automapping is restricted to the parameters defined in the UserConfiguration.txt file, so unless you use the PK for transport and arming tracks there's not really an obvious fit for it. I'm going to stick with regular midi mapping and using it for simplers and impulses.

Gavin
THIS IS VERY COOL .. but is there a way for u to define your own banks for vst plugins
dnb soldier

attrib

Post by attrib » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:23 pm

:D :D 8O 8O 8O :( :( :( :( :(
dnb soldier

pat the dog

Post by pat the dog » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:05 pm

thanks for this. works a treat with the standard pcr-30 too. much appreciated!

Jules100

Post by Jules100 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:53 am

For those looking for stuff to help with the pcr 300 and up go here. I havent cracked how to use it all yet but i m getting there.

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_supp ... iCncd=2163

cutcopypaste

Post by cutcopypaste » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:48 am

do i still have to set up all the controls?
i dumped on to my pcr.. loaded the preset in ableton.. but nothing is preset it seems. i set the input to pcr midi-in.
but none of the mappings are in there .. i thought this widget would handle most of those for me.. i must be missing a step..

amitnayar

Post by amitnayar » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:18 pm

cutcopypaste wrote:do i still have to set up all the controls?
i dumped on to my pcr.. loaded the preset in ableton.. but nothing is preset it seems. i set the input to pcr midi-in.
but none of the mappings are in there .. i thought this widget would handle most of those for me.. i must be missing a step..
same problem. im completely new to this! anybody help?

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:34 pm

Jules100 wrote:For those looking for stuff to help with the pcr 300 and up go here. I havent cracked how to use it all yet but i m getting there.

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_supp ... iCncd=2163
the Live stuff on the roland site doesnt work as Automap.
i made an automap template for the 300/500/800 a few weeks ago.
instructions included. get it here:

http://www.garyboozy.f2s.com/EDIROLPCR_LIVE6AUTOMAP.zip

amitnayar

Post by amitnayar » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:19 pm

amitnayar wrote:
cutcopypaste wrote:do i still have to set up all the controls?
same problem. im completely new to this! anybody help?
ok, this is really starting to annoy me. I've been through the process a hundred times and nothing is coming up in the midi map mode section of live. there is definately a signal going through. i've dumped the midi file onto my pcr. i've made a folder for the 'user config' file, put it in the midi remote scripts folder. selected it in the live preferences and switched it all on. what am i doing wrong? :? pleeease help!!

machinedelmorte

Post by machinedelmorte » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:34 am

Maybe I did something wrong but I am not seeing the PCR windows editor software. I did find in my control panel the Edirol drivers but no software. Is there something I am missing???