Stuck notes with Automap

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dom

Post by dom » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi Folks,

received a few support requests lately regarding this and just talked to Novation about it.

This is a bug in the Novation Automap Universal ReWire and only happens on Macs.
To solve the problem you can delete the following alias:

HD/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/AutomapServerEngine.bundle

This removes the Automap ReWire support and fixes the problem, however you will not be able to control the transport and tempo when using the Plug-in Automap template. Transport control will still work when the Live or Reason Automap template is selected though. Novation is looking into this issue and it wil be fixed in the next ReMOTE SL release.

Cheers,
Dom

P.S.: Jasper: this would be a good moment to change the subject to something like "Stuck ReWire notes in Reason using Live and Novation SL - Workaround"
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

GUY SMILEY

Remote Sl

Post by GUY SMILEY » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:40 pm

I've got the remote SL37, and its amazing.
I had a slight problem with occassional midi notes hanging, but spoke to support, and they told me to alter the midi settings in global to :

USBaTo: M1
USBbTo: OFF
MIDITo: OFF

Perhaps the problem was being caused by the fact that USBbTo was routed to both the MIDI out ports. USBb is the USB port which Live uses to send display data back to the SL and this display data was also being routed to the MIDI out ports.

Vaio VGN-N11S runnning XP SP2, novation remote SL37, TC Electonics Konnekt 24D - good setup i reccommend it !

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:32 pm

dom wrote:Hi Folks,

received a few support requests lately regarding this and just talked to Novation about it.

This is a bug in the Novation Automap Universal ReWire and only happens on Macs.
To solve the problem you can delete the following alias:

HD/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire/AutomapServerEngine.bundle

This removes the Automap ReWire support and fixes the problem, however you will not be able to control the transport and tempo when using the Plug-in Automap template. Transport control will still work when the Live or Reason Automap template is selected though. Novation is looking into this issue and it wil be fixed in the next ReMOTE SL release.

Cheers,
Dom

P.S.: Jasper: this would be a good moment to change the subject to something like "Stuck ReWire notes in Reason using Live and Novation SL - Workaround"
So how cool is that?!?!?!?? Ableton doing customer support for Novation and Propellerheads. HA HA!!

Jasper - it would be cool if you changed the thread title so we can find this thread later when this comes up again.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

jasper

stuck notes with remote sl

Post by jasper » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:47 am

The Abletons wrote me and the problem is (partially gone).

It's a bug in the AutomapRewire.bundle file that is automatically placed in the Reason folder.

It is put in there every time you start up Automap.
Last edited by jasper on Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:56 am

jasper you really should change the thread title. do it by editing your first post, change the subject up top.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

audiovoid

Post by audiovoid » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:35 am

Yes. I'll also add that the AutomapServerEngine.bundle file screws up my ability to properly rewire ABleton into Digital Performer. ABleton's inputs simply aren't in DP's input menu unless you delete that automap file.
The problem is that anytime you open up an Automap-Wrapped plugin in your host it automatically puts the AutomapServerEngine.bundle file back in the rewire folder meaning that you have to go in and delete it over and over again.
audiovoid.net
Macbook pro,
MacPro 8 core
running OSX, &
WinXP through Bootcamp and Fusion