THE Rack List. (What can you do with Racks?)

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
mattsonic

Post by mattsonic » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:47 am

Here's a rack that links an unlimited number of impulses together to form a drum layering system. It's really handy when you need to build loud, club-friendly drum kits.

Click here to check it out

jasinski

Post by jasinski » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:55 am

mattsonic wrote:Here's a rack that links an unlimited number of impulses together to form a drum layering system. It's really handy when you need to build loud, club-friendly drum kits.

Click here to check it out
Awesome Matt, that is really a cool idea.
MacPro / MacBookPro / Live 8
My art and music

womoma

Post by womoma » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:03 am

Ableton really should provide an official rack share area where we can upload, download, and vote on racks.

The Phat Conductor

Post by The Phat Conductor » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:25 am

ssso.... many racks......

ssso... little.... time........
ill gates aka the phat conductor
producer, performer + ableton/music teacher

http://www.illgates.com

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:55 pm

Keep em commin'...

Angstrom

I'm back , here's my RACK

Post by Angstrom » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:56 pm

greetings.

here is a drum rack, all the drum sounds are made out of single cycle waveforms in Simpler. The waves are the ones that ship with Live (in the harmonics dept). I think the waves are mainly either sine waves or noise waves.

Each voice has a couple of layers and 8 macros, each drum voice has its own individual style so the macros for each are a little different.

EG , one of the kicks has a snap and a pop control, the other has the ability to morph from one annoying mode to another. well anyway, theres a demo 'song' which is simply me turning dials while some drum paterns play. really damn terrible as a 'song' but it should give you an idea.

you will need a relatively modern CPU as it consumes about 50% on my dothan 2.0

THE DRUM RACK
----
THE DEMO SONG
----

let me know if there are any problems

jasinski

Re: I'm back , here's my RACK

Post by jasinski » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:48 am

Angstrom wrote:greetings.

here is a drum rack, all the drum sounds are made out of single cycle waveforms in Simpler. The waves are the ones that ship with Live (in the harmonics dept). I think the waves are mainly either sine waves or noise waves.

Each voice has a couple of layers and 8 macros, each drum voice has its own individual style so the macros for each are a little different.

EG , one of the kicks has a snap and a pop control, the other has the ability to morph from one annoying mode to another. well anyway, theres a demo 'song' which is simply me turning dials while some drum paterns play. really damn terrible as a 'song' but it should give you an idea.

THE DRUM RACK
----
THE DEMO SONG
----

Dang Angstrum, that is an awesome use of the included waveforms- I am going toh have to see what I can do with them. Thanks for the inspiration.
My art and music

womoma

Post by womoma » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:01 pm

Yeah I like that idea. Theres plenty of kool waveforms with Live already.

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:56 pm

here is a drum rack,
Wow nice one, will try that tomorrow. :D

jasinski

Post by jasinski » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:11 am

nudge
My art and music

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:43 am

jasinski wrote:nudge
I love this thread. I'll need to post some of my racks soon. One favor to ask. Do you think that you could list the date each rack is posted when you edit the front page list? There are getting to be so many that I'm having a hard time telling if I already grabbed them or not.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

jasinski

Post by jasinski » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:12 am

kennerb wrote:
I love this thread. I'll need to post some of my racks soon. One favor to ask. Do you think that you could list the date each rack is posted when you edit the front page list? There are getting to be so many that I'm having a hard time telling if I already grabbed them or not.
I have been thinking how to deal with this...
maybe a zip pack of the older ones- and then date the new ones??

As it is, the new ones are always added to the end of the list (for instruments and effects respectively).
My art and music

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:25 pm

jasinski wrote:
kennerb wrote:
I have been thinking how to deal with this...
maybe a zip pack of the older ones- and then date the new ones??

As it is, the new ones are always added to the end of the list (for instruments and effects respectively).
I think that zipping the old and dating the new is a great idea. I check the end of the thread too but with all the cross talk (like this :D ) in there weeding through can be a pain.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

creepjoint

Post by creepjoint » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:43 pm

THE DRUM RACK
----
THE DEMO SONG
----

very cool, really solid :D

unfortunately the "filtered noise" sample is missing from my system, any idea which pack its in ??

thanks

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:02 pm

ooh, not sure which pack thats in.

Filtered Noize.aif 1.8 meg , in my library it is in Waveforms/Texture.

the packs I have installed right now are:

Live 6 beta essentials ( only just noticed that 'beta' !)
Live 6 basics
Live 6 lessons
Sampler Pack.

so I have a bad feeling it is in the 'sampler pack', which is a biggish download.
All it sounds like (the raw sample) is a bit of white noise with a notch filter on it.

you could just hot swap the sample for a bit of white noise that has had a stuck phaser applied to it.

Damn , I thought I'd used all included waves. Ah well.
they haven't actually included a full set of synth waves as far as I can tell, IE: sine saw, ramp, triangle, square, white noise, pink noise. Only a few are supplied as far as I can tell.