when i render to disk, some clicks in the audio apears

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
pepemogt

when i render to disk, some clicks in the audio apears

Post by pepemogt » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:51 pm

i am using a PC, windows XP

1.- the master audio level is ok -6db,
2.- the clips are ok, no clicks
3.- the tlicks appears only after render
4.- all the wav files are at 44.1 khz 16 and the render too

how do i get rid of those clicks?
cheers
pepe mogt

Alex Reynolds

Post by Alex Reynolds » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:48 am

I guess this isn't an OS X issue after all!

-Alex

jtpack

Is your system disk low on free space?

Post by jtpack » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:21 am

I used to have this problem too, but one time while rendering a song, Windows told me that my system hard drive was running out of space. Suddenly all the pieces fell into place, and I understood enough to fix the problem. It seems like while rendering, Ableton started to request lots of memory from Windows, so Windows tried to make the Swap file on the system drive (or page file, as I think they call it) bigger. Since I was down to about 100 megs free though, this operation was unsuccessful and rendering got corrupted.
Make sure you have at least a gig of free space on the drive (or partition) that Windows puts its page file on.

proteron

Post by proteron » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:21 pm

or alternately, this is not the solution for everyone, if you have 20gb free disk space and a gig of ram, most of which is free...
--
chris (proteron)

imputor

i get these clicks too-

Post by imputor » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:32 pm

the clicks only seem to happen if there are a lot of DDSp going on, and a lot of tracks, and a lot of long samples.... i haven't figured out a decent way around it... p4-2Ghz and 512 ram... hmmm...

proteron

Post by proteron » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:22 am

happens on mine with short/few samples and with particular DSP. the way around it is to make each clip a RAM clip (for me)
--
chris (proteron)

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:44 pm

Have you tried sticking a good limiter across the outputs? I usually have Endorphin permanently there, with little or no compression before rendering. It seems to sort everything out by nor letting ANY peaks through. Its a great mastering compressor too of course if that's what you want. And free too!
http://www.digitalfishphones.com/

It's worth getting the "fish fillets" download too, there's another great compressor in the bundle called Blockfish. These plugins are as good if not better than any ive tried at any price! no joke. Mac too I think.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:07 pm

Sorry :oops: , it seems those plugs are no longer available, if you read the guy's site I spose it's understandable.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:23 pm

they ARE still available, i just downloaded them. he just stopped further development ...

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:26 am

So they are! I think I've been staring at this damn screen too long, my eyesight's not what it once was. Either that or my mother was right!